from ¡ay chihuahua! to southeast asia

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Nathalie Jones, MPA

I graduated on Friday. The two years in my graduate program were simultaneously stressful, exhausting, fulfilling, and so much fun.

At our post-graduation party, my friend Lynda put it well when she said that the incredible people we got to meet were an unexpected bonus of going back to graduate school.

For the first year of school, I assumed a serious, studious role. But I was plotting. I was strategizing and figuring out who my people were... and I found them. Above: Nubia, Subarna, Lynda, me, Andrea and Leslie, on the steps of our beloved Parrington Hall. These ladies were a huge part of what made it all worth it... they're smart, inspiring, and hilarious. So along with my shiny new degree, I got some wonderful friends. I am eager to see what the future holds in store for each of us. Hopefully plenty more games of catchphrase and parties around the karaoke machine.

5 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

Congratulations Nattie. Am proud of you from this other side of the Pacific.
Steph.

4:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a girl after my own heart. i was strategizing about being friends with you from the fall. you can read my journal entry about it if you don't believe me. i watched your video last night and laughed til my stomach hurt all over again. ~ld

8:33 AM  
Blogger Emma Nowinski said...

congrat-u-ma-lations, ma'am!
cant wait to join you in that post-grad bliss... you will just have to torture me with descriptions of it for the next six months!

love
*emma

1:02 PM  
Blogger heidi said...

Congratulations, Nattie!! Looking forward to your big bash on Saturday!

love, Heidi

6:27 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Nattie,
I am so happy for you. I have always said the best part of the college experience are your peers - your classmates. Really looking forward to this weekend and finally getting to meet your folks.
Mike B.

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home